How to Set Up Your First Ad for Facebook Shop by Shopify:
A Step-by-Step Guide
Ready to create your first advertising campaign on Facebook? This step-by-step guide will help you create your first ad for your Facebook shop by Shopify!
Now that you’ve set up your own Shopify store, you’ve integrated your Shopify store with Facebook, it is time to learn how to set up your first ad. By advertising your Facebook shop by Shopify you will attract more buyers and increase your sales.
We will present to you the steps you need to follow to create your first advertising campaign on Facebook:
- If you still don’t have your own personal profile, the first thing you need to so is creating a Facebook personal account.
- Register a business account.
- Set up a Facebook fan page. Once you will create a fan page, you can customize it according to your needs and preferences.
- Integrate a Facebook pixel to your online store: For those of you who don’t know, Facebook Pixel, is a tiny snippet of code online stores need to have. The Facebook pixel is the system from your online store to your Facebook account. The Facebook pixel is a 15-digit code that includes the activity of your Facebook followers.
- Create a new campaign: In order for you to start creating a new campaign, you need to go and click “Create” (this is located in the “Add Manage” tab). Then, you need to choose a campaign objective (you will notice that there are different objectives to choose from). Name it the new campaign ( we recommend you to choose a cool name), create a new ad set and give a relevant ad set name. Next, you need to select a conversion event. Please don’t worry if you see red or green color. The main point is that your pixel has not collected any information about the customers or the purchases, and that is why it is red. The green color indicates that there is some activity involved. Make sure not to add “Custom Audience”. When you creating a new Facebook ad, there is no need for you to add a custom audience. You can define the audience in the “detailed targeting”. You can select the behaviors and interests of the target audience. Next, please select “Edit placements” (the placements should not be automated). Go to Device Types and select “All devices”. If, for example, you want to promote phone accessories, you can select “Mobile”. Your online store should be optimized for all devices.
- Define your budget: It is time for you to determine your daily budget. For starters, $5 is enough. If you have a bigger budget, you can click “Show Advanced Options” and select the conversion window. You can select 1-day click (people purchase an item on the first go) and 7-day click (if you think that 1-day click is not enough).
The audience size on the right presents the potential reach and ad effect. The potential reach is based on the placements, as well as, targeting criteria you choose. It includes different factors such as user demographics, Facebook user behaviors, location data, and more.
There are a few options to choose the format how your new add may look. Single video and single Image are two of the most popular formats. It is advisable to start from Single Image before you are you skillful enough to create a video ad.
We hope this article will help you create your first Facebook ad and successfully promote your Shopify store! Follow the guide and you will create a remarkable Facebook ad that will boost your sales!